[ihc] Spamaddy's spewing slushbox

>Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 23:51:00 -0600
>From: <spamaddy@domain.elided>
>Subject: [ihc] 727 trannsmission leak

>Anyway, I'm also working on my 727 transmission that has a little leak.  I
>recall a post a few weeks back about someone having a leak where the
>shifting assembly attaches to the transmission body.  That's where my leak
>is. Does that have to be addressed from under the transmission with the
>fluid pan off, or can it be removed/replaced from above through the
>floorboard?

No and yes, if you are especially dextrous. Otherwise, I think most would
agree that going in from underneath is easier if the tranny's in the truck.
Much easier if the trans is out of the truck no need to pull the pan. In
fact, if the engine's already out you might consider pulling the tranny as
well, it's easier to re-mate them out of the truck and install as a single
unit if you've got a hoist that's up to the task.

Jim