Re: [ihc] Trading a T98 for a T-35

Tom--what you REALLY wnat to look for is a close coupled hydraulic PTO.
Failing that, find a pump and mount it on the TC crossmember with a short
driveshaft to run it.

Then you can hook the hoses to a winch, front or rear OR a generator !!

Greg - you've struck far too close to home. :D

I've been looking at hydraulic stuff for my tubing bender and I DID start to think about running a PTO hydraulic pump, then hoses to a few hydro motors to run the winch, generator, air compressor, etc.

It would let me run many things with one PTO via a pump and some valving..

Tempting.

I scraped the grime off tonight and noted it's a Muncie PTO.

Also found the Spicer 2-2-479 yoke fits, but doesn't fit. The nut on the end of the output shaft of the T-35 rubs a bit on the backside of the yoke to flange adapter so the yoke doesn't sit *flush* against the flange. I guess I'll have to clearance the yoke a touch.

What I do need are some pictures of a 5spd in a 74/75 pickup. Specifically, how the adapter on the tail of the 5spd is built to yield some "studs" or other similar mounting setup.

I have a picture of Mark Korsten's truck with a 5spd, and it appears to use the same/similar "J" shaped mounting plate from the underside of the rear of the T-36 up to the crossmember. This mounts the 5spd pretty much like the T19s were mounted.

My T-35 lacks any provision for simple studs in the bottom / rear of the case, so I'm guessing an "L" plate will need to be made that mounts to the rear bearing retainer bolts.

Here's a picture of Mark's undercarriage.

http://tigger.tmcom.com/~tsm1/gallery/album02/P7090003

-Tom