Re: [ihc] Starter update

----- Original Message -----
From: "Allan Ericson" <lowvolt@domain.elided>
To: "Joseph Shaw, II" <josephshaw@domain.elided>; <ihc@domain.elided>;
<oldihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 23:28
Subject: Re: [ihc] Starter update

<snip>
> did exactly as yours is doing that were "fixed" by this approach. I also
> don't care that all I did was mask the problem. I spent less than 15 bucks
> per vehicle and got at least 3 more years out of each starter.
>
> -Allan

Which is great when you want to get more time out of each starter, and I
think it's a great thing to do with the original starters.

However, I still say it's a bad idea for him.  This starter was *just*
rebuilt so he should be able to take it in and get whatever is wrong *fixed*
as opposed to having to get it rebuilt again in 3 years instead of having a
nice good starter for hopefully the next 20-30.

Just my thoughts on the subject...

-Ryan

---