[ihc] Starter update

Well, it certainly appears to be a sticky solenoid now!

I directly wired to the two terminals of the starter, made sure that the
ignition switch to the starter wire was OFF of the starter, then rubbed the
two jumper wires together and the starter engaged-and didn't disengage when I
took them apart!  And this time, while it was turning, I tried to tap the
solenoid with the ratchet/socket I use to unscrew the battery cables, and the
socket fell off-thus, I could not get it unhooked very quickly at all!!!

Needless to say, I was not full of love and smiles as I FINALLY grabbed a
wrench and got the cable off, stopping the starter from turning over.  The nut
was, of course, QUITE hot, so I tossed it very quickly onto the air cleaner
cover.  I did a few other things-making sure cables and wires, etc, were well
out of the way and could not possibly touch the starter and restart, and then,
forgetting that I had just stuck it there (in my rage!), I saw the nut on the
air cleaner.  I thought, "Hmmm...wonder what that is to?" and picked it up.

Just let me say that now, when I hold my thumb and first two fingers together
as if to pick something up, you can plainly see the outline of a six-sided nut
on there!!!

So-any chance that it is anything other than the solenoid now?  Any weird
wiring I should check or anything?  This one, due to its conversion status,
has LOTS of weird and after-market home-wired things, and it has two or three
wires running to the negative cable for a ground, which is unusual to me, but
as I said, it was supposedly working before, and the after-market fuse box is
all good and not blowing out when I tinker with electronics on it, so I have
been trusting that it was okay.

I will sort the wires out later, but is there anything weird wire wise that
could make the starter stay on?  Just want to make sure I know before I try to
take it back to the rebuilder-he is about 30 miles away-a slow 30 miles, and I
don't want to waste the time or gas money if he can claim it is something
else!

Thanks!

Michael