Re: [ihc] RE: David's IH quest

David Raistrick wrote:

Thanks.  Where would the 8 lug parts come from?
73-87 GM 3/4T would be my first choice, similar vintage Dodge 2nd.

You can also find SRW (Single Rear Wheel) 1Ts for donors, too. Bigger brakes, heavier payload.. but you'll pay a good bit more for the front axle.

A Dana 44 or 10-bolt front axle from a 3/4T GM or Dodge should be in the neighborhood of $300 complete. Expect to pay $1000 for a Dana 60 from a 1T.

I use a '74 1T 4-door long-box IH to pull my 16' car trailer with Scout around. Big disc brake front end, 166" WB, V8, room for 5 in comfort and an 8' box. I'm swapping a Dodge 1T front end under the front and making it 4x4, since the 74/75 1T 2wd front rotors are no longer available.

-Tom