From: owner-ihc@domain.elided [mailto:owner-ihc@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Tom Mandera
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 2:26 PM
To: David Raistrick
Cc: Ryan Moore; ihc@domain.elided
Subject: Re: [ihc] RE: David's IH quest

David Raistrick wrote:

> Thanks.  Where would the 8 lug parts come from?

73-87 GM 3/4T would be my first choice, similar vintage Dodge 2nd.

You can also find SRW (Single Rear Wheel) 1Ts for donors, too.  Bigger
brakes, heavier payload.. but you'll pay a good bit more for the front
axle.

A Dana 44 or 10-bolt front axle from a 3/4T GM or Dodge should be in the

neighborhood of $300 complete.  Expect to pay $1000 for a Dana 60 from a
1T.

I use a '74 1T 4-door long-box IH to pull my 16' car trailer with Scout
around.  Big disc brake front end, 166" WB, V8, room for 5 in comfort
and an 8' box.  I'm swapping a Dodge 1T front end under the front and
making it 4x4, since the 74/75 1T 2wd front rotors are no longer
available.

-Tom