Re: [ihc] 800 4 speed problems

----- Original Message -----
From: <dnuenke@domain.elided>
To: "Joseph Shaw, II" <josephshaw@domain.elided>
Cc: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: [ihc] 800 4 speed problems

> Michael, the throwout bearing is comepletely different on an 80/800 than
> it is on SII's, PU's, and V8 800's. My new bearing is idential to the old
> one, that's not the problem. The problem has to do with clearence to the
> firewall/ tranny tunnel to move the lever that actuates the bearing.
>
> Dave

Oh-got it!  THAT is what I was not quite grasping!

Now I will have to take a look at an 800 TO bearing just to see what one is
like!

Was the old bell-housing for a hydraulic clutch vs. a durect clutch or
something?  This would make the lever angle and size, etc different
possibly!

Good luck!

Michael