[ihc] 800 4 speed problems

--
I finally got around to putting the 4 speed into my 67 800 this weekend. The truck has a 196 and orginally had a 3 speed. I the correct short shaft 4 speed, matching bellhousing etc. that I pulled from a parts truck a couple years ago. Anyhow, getting to the point I have the bellhousing bolted on, but I don't seem to have enough clearence for the linkage rod to pivot, thus I can't move the throughout bearing. It's unfortunatly been so long since I took the truck that the tranny came from apart that I can't remember what everything looked like. If anyone with a 4 cylinder 4 speed truck or who has worked on one could offer some insight I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave