Re: [ihc] Gearing question

Rocky,
Ed and others have and will reply re axles gears.
Can you go taller on the tires?
How about an aux trans with overdrive?
It seems to me that the cost of a new rear axle could easily push past the cost of a new set of big tires w/wheels or a brownie aux trans. 4.88 to 4:27 is a .875 if my calc is right, that's tough to get in tires alone (31 to 35") but could be done. Easily so with any aux OD.
Just a thought.
Best of luck with it,
Joel