From: owner-ihc@domain.elided [mailto:owner-ihc@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Joel Furtek
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 12:08 PM
To: Rocky Lear; ihc-digest@domain.elided
Subject: Re: [ihc] Gearing question

Rocky,
Ed and others have and will reply re axles gears.
Can you go taller on the tires?
How about an aux trans with overdrive?
It seems to me that the cost of a new rear axle could easily push
past the cost of a new set of big tires w/wheels or a brownie aux
trans.  4.88 to 4:27 is a .875 if my calc is right, that's tough to
get in tires alone (31 to 35") but could be done.  Easily so with any
aux OD.
Just a thought.
Best of luck with it,
Joel