Re: [ihc] Re: Humphrey's Coil Voltage

George B Humphrey wrote:

What does everyone else think. Is 4 ga on the small side? Didn't Scouts
come stock with 4ga wire?
FWIW, I run 4-gauge side-mount battery cables on all of my stuff from the Ford solenoid to the starter.

Works fine with a NAPA Lifetime Starter on a 10.25:1 compression 304.. just like it did with the old junkyard starter I was using.. and equally as well with a generic parts store rebuild starter and a worn out 304..