Re: Trailer brakes, etc, was: Re: [ihc] making a 1/2T a 3/4T

on 3/24/04 8:50 AM, Greg Hermann at bearbvd@domain.elided wrote:

> NO.
>
> The tail
>> lights come on when I manually operate the brake control so I'm not really
>> sure how it works.
>
> That should be 'brake' lights, NOT 'tail' lights.
>
> The thing looks to be quite sturdy, but also possibly
>> antiquated as it is made out of metal and the controllers I've seen for at
>> least the past 15 years or so, have all been plastic.  Any ideas?
>
> The unit you have is pretty much indestructible, and, IMO FAR superior to
> anything you can buy new !!

Greg is right on all counts!

The reason I know this because I was there when Mr. Kelsey told Mrs. hayes
that in order to control what is behind, you have to be able to manipulate
what's up front.

I have the very best of the electronic controls, and it isn't even close to
being as good as the old KH, or copies thereof.

So, keep this in mind, and appreciate what you have, young fellow.

John

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs