[ihc] Master Cylinder

   I had to replace the Master Cylinder on my Scout this week. I wanted to
get the cylinder I had on Ugly, NAPA part 1494R, which has large, larger
than normal, reservoir, but the store I was at could only get a NEW one at
$60something dollars. Since I couldn't afford that at the time, I went with
the stock Scout one Wagner PN # A1B 10-1339, $16.25.

   The parts store guy steered me away from buying a Universal Bleed kit to
bleed the MC. He said that the prefered method now was to insert these
plastic block-off caps and let the system gravity bleed, with an ocassional
push on the piston. He also said that gravity bleeding was the prefered
method for doing all the brake lines now.

   I've ben gravity bleeding my brake lines for years, but; have not done
the MC that way. It seems to have worked, but; I wonder what others thoughts
on the issue were.

Dan Nees

cookiedan@domain.elided