[ihc] More Scout 800 questions

Well, I'm back with more Scout 800 questions, mainly for Howard.

I just got off the phone with John Fleck and he apparantly has another
galvanized Scout 800 in his yard.  This one is a, IIRC, 1967.  Same year
as mine, which, IIRC, is listed as a 1970, but the body is a 1967.  Or
something like that.  (My Scout II has the engine and front end from a
'74 4X2, but my VIN tag tells me it's a 79 4X4.  I'll get the story
straight on the new one soon enough.)

Anyways, this was the year the USPS ordered something like 6872 Postal
units, which may have been (probably were?) special ordered with
galvanized bodies.  Is it possible IHC decided to just galvanize ALL the
body tubs that year to simplify things in the plant?  Or maybe they
galvanized 7000 or 7500 (just to have a few extra in case there were any
problems with the first 6872) and the extras made it out to a few lucky
people?

BTW-Still no clue on the 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern on the wheels.  Maybe
they just went with the cheapest Dana axle they could get their hands
on.  That seems to be the only thing that even begins to make any
sense.  The USPS did some weird things with brakes on mail jeeps.  They
kept changing the drum size from year to year.  But I digress.

Dave