Re: Trailer brakes, etc, was: Re: [ihc] making a 1/2T a 3/4T

Greg,
      My bad, yes that should read: BRAKE lights not tail lights.  I'm
fairly certain that there are two hard steel lines connected to the
controller, one in the end (back) and one in the side.  I'll check tonight
to make sure.  The knob is quite perplexing at this point.  I've rotated
the knob to what I thought more brakes only to have my friend tell me his
impression was opposite.

      Should I keep an eye on ebay and other sources for another one?  I
need controllers for two other vehicles.  What are some recommendations for
controllers?

JoelB

<snip>
That should be 'brake' lights, NOT 'tail' lights.
<snip>
The hydrauic out is likely just a bleed fitting.
<snip>
The LED comes on whenever then unit sees hydraulic pressure or is actuated
manually.

The knob adjusts how MUCH trailer brake you get in proportion to the
hydraulic pressure applied. Generally--you want MORE as you load a trailer
heavier.