Re: [ihc] Coil Voltage?

	Sorry I can't be more active with this thread, especially since it is my
thread, but I only have access to the Internet one or two times a day.
That being said;

> I have both the large blue wire to the alternator and
> the green
> > wire that goes to, I believe, the ammeter on the battery side of
> the
> > remote solenoid.
>

> That should be correct.

	Good to know.

> > I tested it and the wire that runs to the positive side
> > of the coil is hooked up to the solenoid on the starter. It is
> connected
> > to the bottom terminal of the solenoid. I believe that is the R
> term,
> > correct?
>
> The S terminal (start) is on top of the Delco solenoid. It should
> have full
> voltage coming out to the coil during starting. That wire is the one
> that
> you should have cut when installing the Ford solenoid. The end
> coming from
> the ignition goes to the S terminal on the Ford and the other end is
> connected to the big terminal coming out of the Ford.

	So, it sounds like I have the wire coming from the Delco solenoid to the
coil on the wrong terminal. Let me see if I have this right. The Delco
solenoid has technically four terminals. The B is the big one closest to
the tire. The S is on top. The R is on the bottom and the fourth is
connected to the starter. I have B and S spliced together and the wire to
the coil coming off of the R term. like so;

Battery-------------Ford solenoid --------------To B term. on delco
                             S Term.----- To Ignition

                           Splice-----       /
	Battery cable---	B   Delco          Starter Term

                                                        R---- To coil

What I should have is the B and S spliced together and the wire going to
the coil off of the S as well?

> Where is the ECU picking up its power? Good power source? I can't
> emphasize
> enough that an overwhelming majority of the problems with the
> Pro-jection is
> caused by poor grounds.

	The relay is powered directly from the battery with the trigger tapped
into the fuse box on the (pause while I go look) heater circuit. I don't
like the tap that is why I want to move it to the coil. The ground for
the relay is a bus bar I installed. It is about 8 inches below the relay
and is wired directly to the negative side of the battery about 18 inches
away.

> Bill Thebert took the wire that supplies power to the fuel pump, and
> used it
> to trigger another relay which then sent power directly to the fuel
> pump. He
> believes that it gave him better fuel supply, but I haven't done
> that, and a
> lack of fuel is no problem for me.

Don't confuse me even more. Lack of fuel is not a problem for me either.

> Because I have the MSD ignition which is happy with almost any
> voltage, I
> picked up my power to the coil from some source that is always on in
> either
> run or start mode and I then use the + terminal on the coil to
> trigger a
> relay that then supplies power to everything that needs to be key
> controlled. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I picked up that
> circuit
> to run it to the coil. I can look in the next day or two, if that
> would be
> helpful.

If my remote solenoid wiring is incorrect and correcting the wiring
doesn't fix it, I may need that information.

> John Hofstetter

George H.
72 Scout II
345 V8