Re: [ihc] My SII/800 project, questions

At 10:10 AM 3/20/04, DeepSouthScouts@domain.elided wrote:

>Unless...............
>
>I do have access to a single stick D20 that came from an 800A that had a
>V8/'3 speed in it.
>
>I wonder out loud if that 800A D20/bull gear would bolt up to the 3 speed
>from the 4 cyl 800?

Yep, it will !!! Both shoud be 1-3/8"--6 spline on the bull gear end of the
main shaft.

>Those two 3 speeds should actually be the same model tranny shouldnt they?

Nope. I do happen to recall the one from the 80 being a 'T-90CC' (B-W number).

The main shaft, tail housing length, and input shaft are all different on
the later one. Don't know if the later one used left hand helix gears or
not, but the early one sure did.

Greg