Re: [ihc] New aluminum distributors for your IHC!

Tom,
        I do not think it would be any lighter.  It uses an electronic
system for which parts are available at any parts place if it should ever
go bad, (which is unlikely), it does not require someone to build a unit
from other parts (which is the only drawback to using the DuraSpark II
conversion or the Delco or Holley unit with a Pertronix kit, at least for
those who may not be mechanically adept), and it looks nicer (not
important to many, but I like things to look good).  Simply buy it and
drop it in.  And it is not that expensive considering what it is.  I did
not approach him to build it until he came to our club meeting and the
other members provided enough interest that I felt it warranted looking
into.  At least one person felt the MoPar electronic system in itself was
enough reason to go with one of these.
-Colin Rush

> Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:38:23 -0700
> From: Tom Mandera <tsm1@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: [ihc] New aluminum distributors for your IHC!
>
> So just how much lighter than a stock distributor would this be?
>
> salmineo@domain.elided wrote:
> > I have been working with a guy in my neck of the woods on getting
> > some distributors made for IHC. He makes brand-new all-aluminum
> > distributors with MoPar electronics for $160. He makes them for
> Ford,>

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!