Re: [ihc] My SII/800 project, questions

=From: Howard R Pletcher <n9ads@domain.elided>
=Subject: Re: [ihc] My SII/800 project, questions

=The price lists and linesets starting with FC-501, the first Scout built,
=call it a 10", 6 spring clutch. I don't know what the clutch actually
=measures, they could be rounding the size up to make it sound larger.
=But a 11" from a V-8 won't fit in any event.
=Howard

Thanks Howard.

Hmmmm. A small fly in the ointment. I have more perambulating to do on this
project.

I could always use the 4cyl fw/clutch/pp and the 3 speed trans thats on it,
but that means Ill have to use the D18 too.

Unless...............

I do have access to a single stick D20 that came from an 800A that had a
V8/'3 speed in it.

I wonder out loud if that 800A D20/bull gear would bolt up to the 3 speed
from the 4 cyl 800?

Those two 3 speeds should actually be the same model tranny shouldnt they?

Mike Toney
Mobile, AL.
Southern International Harvester Owners [S.I.H.O.]
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/southernihowners
72 Scout II, 4x4, 304, T18, 3:31
73 1010 Travelall, 2wd, 345, 727, 3:54
http://www.myinternationaltrucks.iwarp.com/