Re: [ihc] B-140 living again

>>This truck was worked hard.  The bed is witness to that.  Also the
>>front cab mounts and the crack in the frame.

JG> Let me guess, up front at the kickup between the spring hangers?

Yes, very near there.  This frame is a flat top frame, no kickup over
the axles, just a taper that begins right at the front spring shackle
mount(it's an OEM "reverse" shackle setup), and the rear spring frame
mount.  The crack is just aft of the front spring shackle mount,
running across the bottom "leg" of the C.  So the crack is short but
in a critical spot(of course, that's why it cracked).  The crack was
welded which has a nice crack down the center of the bead.

The fishplate then covers the vertical area
on the inside of the frame rail around this area.  Roughly about a
foot long but not shaped very well(seems to be rather irregular).  The
fishplate is 1/2" material whereas the frame is 1/4".  I wish it were
better shaped to avoid forming a failure point at the edge of the
fishplate but then I'm not going to be working this truck like it was.
Mostly it will be used for fun with some light hauling, very
occasional heavy loads of rock but just a little mild offroad while
loaded.

Ken