[ihc] Clutch setup

Well, after bragging about building the 'factory spec' bridge bar to
compress the pressure plate ass'y, I find that while useful, it's not a
complete solution IMHO.

It does work nicely to compress the unit for disassembly, or just aligning
the release fork pivot pivot blocks correctly(low mileage rebuilt 12 spring
p/p from AZ or the like, installed by the PO) as I needed to do. It also
allows you to get the release fork to flywheel dimension in the right range

It does not work to my satisfaction for getting all the release forks at the
same. The problem is that the 2 points of contact will *not* seat all 3 legs
of the p/p cover flat, even on a surface ground steel plate. This is
compounded by the flex of the p/p cover from being pushed on top by the
press. I attempted to work around this by rotating the unit as I worked and
setting the height of each fork at the same 'station', but had a nagging
thought that it just wasn't close enough.

The solution? Mock up the p/p on the flywheel using the setup spacer blocks
and compare with a dial indicator on a mag base. I had gotten the forks to
about .030" total variation on the press. Using the indicator I was able to
dial them in to .005" total. I felt much better ;)

After working on this supposed rebuilt clutch, I'd recommend checking for
proper setup before install unless you've got a trusted source like Allen
E.(or are buying from SSS).

Jim