Re: [ihc] Some cool led dash and marker lights

on 3/9/04 9:12 AM, Mac McMuffin at mac@domain.elided wrote:

> i've been abusing the word "extortionate" ever since.  i didn't have any
> idea if it was mis-spelled or not.  in fact, i never checked.  i simply took
> the word "extortion" and extrapolated upon what some other words ending in
> "ion" used in the same kind of context, and applied that to my word.  thus,
> extortionate.  it didn't occur to me that i might be making something up.
> +)

Well, after John said that his spell checker didn't find it as a
misspelling, I ran it on my spell checker too. It didn't find a misspelling
either. So, Mac, I guess you've taught me a new word.

Regardless, it's a great word, and I'm perfectly willing to believe that it
was original with you, and gathered such world wide acclaim that it was
added to dictionaries everywhere.

I don't have a dictionary with me to do more than spell check, but the
definition seems self obvious.

Thanks,

John