RE: [ihc] Some cool led dash and marker lights

## >> Mac, you are talking about prices and the word you meant, I think, was
## >> exorbitant, but prices that are too high can be considered a kind of
## >> extortion. So, the two words come together in the new word,
## >> "extortionate".

oh!  i get it!  i get it!  <grin>  and i can even explain it.  somewhere
down the line a few years back, say ten or twelve, the price of some
consumer good went WAY too high, and the person i was with made some rather
rude comments to the counterperson about extortion.  i don't remember now
exactly what it was, but i believe it was my grandfather and something he
absolutely HAD to have for his van, a Ford, and that was only available from
the dealer.  having to have it, with no choice about where to get it,
combined with the unreasonably high price for what looked like a ten cent
production cost item, extortion seemed appropriate, to him as well as to me.
i still think it's extortion, when it comes down to it.

i've been abusing the word "extortionate" ever since.  i didn't have any
idea if it was mis-spelled or not.  in fact, i never checked.  i simply took
the word "extortion" and extrapolated upon what some other words ending in
"ion" used in the same kind of context, and applied that to my word.  thus,
extortionate.  it didn't occur to me that i might be making something up.
+)

exorbitant probably would have worked too.  but i didn't think of it.
<sheepish grin>  that's what i get for having a limited vocabulary.

## >> At any rate, it's new to me, and I liked it.

i'm glad you like it.  feel free to use it at your whim.  no charge, of
course.  hehehehee  +)

you can slap me with a slighty past-date salmon if you want.  i probably
deserve it.  +)

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.