RE: [ihc] uh, oh...

## >> I think you're looking at between $40K and $70K. I guess it
## >> depends on how
## >> it is optioned, but I think that was the price range I saw on
## >> one of the
## >> sites. Actually, there's one on Ebay right now with a "buy it
## >> now" price of
## >> $81,888. Sigh. -John A.

tell you what, for more than eighty grand it better come with a licensed
chauffeur and a fully stocked snackbar with attendant.  that's a lot of dosh
for what is to all intents and purposes a large-ish pickup truck.  i'd pay
it if i had the money, though.  i really would.  a brand new IH pickup?  i'm
all OVER that.  +)  and man, this truck sure looks and sounds pretty cool.
*that* is an offroad tow vehicle.  i wonder if they incorporated into this
truck anything they learned from that monster baja truck "Wild Thing" they
built and raced back in 1994.  that'd be pretty cool too.  +)

my question now would be...  what options?  i mean really, what kinds of
options can you get on a truck like this that would push the price up from
40k to 70k?  air conditioning?  a stereo?  custom wheels?  are these options
for things like suspension changes, hardware options, what?  me, i'd take
the barebones truck, with only air conditioning optioned in, and go my way.
i'd actually prefer not to have AC, but i think the little missus would
injure me.  her car has AC, and my truck doesn't.  guess what she won't
drive or even ride in during summer months anymore?  so if we got one of
these new trucks and i want her to ride in it or drive it, i'd better get
AC.

ah, pipe dreams, pipe dreams.

funnily enough, the Scout hasn't even got a top or air conditioning, and she
wants to drive *that* during the summer.  but not my TravelAll.  do i detect
a hint of prejudice here?

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.