Re: [ihc] Rollbar for Traveler?

I have the SSS 4 pt bar in my '80 Traveler.  I don't know how many different
bars they have but I don't recall asking for one specifically for a
":Traveller", only for a Scout II.

Be that as it may, it does mount on the "step" and then again back on the
rear wheelwell.  FWIW, the passenger side bar was "tweaked" or improperly
jigged and if we had just bolted it in the way it came from SSS the mount on
the wheelwell area would have ended up about 1" outside the bodywork, so it
had to be massaged with a torch.  Since my top was off at the time and the
complete interior out of it, we used heat to make things line up perfectly,
then welded the assembly together and in.  Not practical if your interior is
still inside and top is on since you can't get the bar in and out with the
top on welded together.

The bar doesn't interfere with the spare tire carrier and the rear seat
still retains full folding functionality and access.  If you'd like
confirmation of that, just ask Hofs, he shoved Wanda in back when we took it
into town when they were visiting because he wanted to look at the digital
dash.  (You know how bright, flashy lights tend to amuse the elderly <VBG> )

John Stricker