Re: [ihc] Hofs following my Lead

on 3/8/04 11:16 AM, John M. Adams at jma@domain.elided wrote:

> Ryan, I'm with you there. I don't think I even own a pair of shorts.
> Everyone around would be struck blind by the flash of white if I wore
> shorts, never mind the ensuing sunburn, so I have to keep my pants on. I
> think I ended up this way because my mother is from England - sort of a
> "boys wear shorts, men wear trousers" mentality. Uh... meaning no disrespect
> to all of you not so encumbered by this prejudice, of course.
>
> Is this off-topic, or what? -John A.

Actually, John, it's not off-topic.

Having the proper apparel in which to show off your IH's rust, dings, and
dents is an essential component of presenting your show truck in good taste.

For example, many attendees at the various regional meetings don't remember
what Tom's vehicles look like. (Actually, they don't trust their memories of
those vehicles because they are unbelievable)

However, none who were there can forget his lobster legs. So, it's true that
clothes make the man, or at least they make his legs red.

Truth is that Tom, dressed in his full suit of Carhartt gear, is an
impressive sight, and then when you see what he is driving you want him to
have all the protection possible.

Tom's my man! Especially after I found out his mom rides a Harley, and his
now wife didn't complain publicly about what she had to endure in order to
travel with him.

Hey Tom, does marriage change that?  <vbg>

John