Re: [ihc] Re: Selectro hubs, was Dualmatics....

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dennis Bernth" <scoutdude@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Cc: <tsm1@domain.elided>
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 5:56 PM
Subject: [ihc] Re: Selectro hubs, was Dualmatics....

> Tom-
> Are you trying to say the Selectros aren't the strongest hubs going? I've
got
> a couple of sets, a brand-new-in-the-box set marked 'Dana', and a set on a
79
> Terra parts truck that are marked International. The 'compact' version of
the
> lineset is in the glove box of the parts Terra; it had just about every
option
> you could get on a Scout in 79, pillow back buckets, cruise, air, tilt,
rallye
> wheel, white spokes, and the Selectro hubs are listed as an option. First
ones
> I've run across on a parts rig (I've had <several>), so they must not have
> been a very popular option. I'm thinking of using those axles under my 73
> Scout II (they're 3.73's, and low mile), so maybe I should use something
other
> than the Selectro's when I do?
> Dennis
I'm not Tom, but I broke a Selectro on my Dana 70.  Now I have a spare
Selectro and two originals equipment ones.   One is great and the other has
a worn race on the axle gear, and both are better than the Selectro.  I have
not been able to find a Warn for the Dana 70, nor a part that I could use to
repair my weak one.  The P.O. ran it in water and let the rust gremlins have
lunch. I understand that some Dodge one tons have a similar hub?  If any one
has a damaged warn # m194 with the center gear with a good race, I am VERY
interested.
Jim Aos
jaos@domain.elided
Okanogan, WA