Re: [ihc] Fuel Tank Treatment

You might consider getting it cleaned by hot tanking. A local radiator shop here in Mesa (Hawkes) does gas tanks.

After it's cleaned then ask the shop to pressure test it, and fix any holes.

Then coat the interior with some kind of gas tank lining coating.

I think the 3M stuff is OK.

Jim in Mesa

> Otherwise, I may just pour a couple of gallons of carb/parts cleaner in and
> let it sit, then rotate and let it sit, etc, until it looks pretty clean.

Jim In Mesa - James Lidberg
jameslidberg@domain.elided
'79 Scout II/4X4/345/Edelbrock 1400/727/D20/3.07 open/PS/PB/4"Trailmaster
Copyright 2004 All rights reserved