[ihc] bringing out the dead

Reapers:

   This weekend, Dennis Petterson and myself cut out and replaced the
drivers side floor in my Scout II.

   We removed the entire floor pan, from about half way up the slope toward
the firewall, to the back step lip. The center body mount, and rockers, and
old floor stringers.

   We added, new center body mount, new inner and outer rocker, floor
stringers, A pillar body mount, and floor.

   Took us about 17 hours total to remove and replace the above parts and
put the interior back together again.

   Notes: The new inner rocker does not mount in the exact spot the old one
does, you must set your floor stringers, including the front floor/body
mount part stringer, then slide the rocker into place with that spacing. We
welded the inner rocker under the A pillar to the inner edge of the A pillar
(the only spot we could get any metal to attach it though) and this put it
about a 1/2 inch out for the stringers. We just had to bend the flanges to
fit, but; it also put the outer rocker out a hair that makes the door close
really tight to it.

   When we do the other side we will keep this fact in mind.

   The interesting results being that I can sit in the drivers seat and not
bounce and rock with the sway of the road and bumps along the way. Though
that may not be a bad thing, I was used to it. :-)

   I haven't driven it anywhere yet, I'll get a good feel for it tomorrow on
the way to work and back.

   I thank Dennis for helping me, and Howard Pletcher for getting the parts
to me in time. I got them on Tuesday and we put them in Saturday.

Dan Nees

cookiedan@domain.elided