[ihc] Special Tools, was: Re: Starter help 74/75 4wd TA

Dennis,
      I have come to acquire quite the selection of Special tools working
on out beloved IHs as well as just about everything else.
I have a whole drawer full of wrenches bent at special angles (starter on a
Yamaha 650 twin, u-joints on the obscuremobile, etc.)  I was thinking of
getting them together in a single place so that when someone asks me for
something I can locate it quickly.  I thinned out a socket so that I could
install hex head bolts instead of the regular philips head bolts to hold
the pulleys on the IH water pumps.  I have (I think) a 5/8" wrench that is
specially 'adjusted' to get to top bolts on 74/75 starters but I couldn't
find it and didn't think I needed it (It was a new starter...right.)  I
mounted the starter before the motor went in so it was a non-issue then.
I have the castillated socket to remove clutches on Vespa Scooters, I have
the set I'm working on now, a 15/16 socket welded to a flat bar with a hole
in the end and 5/16 allen wrench welded to a small pipe so that the Delco
Alternator pulley job is a no brainer.  I'm so damn tired of the friggin
pulleys getting loose.  How about the step down socket to tighten BMW swing
arm pivot nuts?  Or the 10mm wrench to get to the u-joints on the shaft
drive, or the screwdriver with the special bend for spreading brake pads,
or the one for adjusting rear brake shoes through that little slot, what
about the flat-nose pliers specially ground to open up instrument bezels,

I'm certainly not the highest paid guy in the shop, but instead of:: "He
who dies with the most toys, wins"
I subscribe to:
"He, who dies with the most TOOLS, wins"

As of late, Hofs has me beat by a mile!

JoelB

What other special IH specific tools are there that people have come up
wtih you make life easier?
-I'm all ears!