[ihc] 74/75 Starters Update to clarify

I may have neglected to explain that when I remove power via the battery
cable, the pinion is still stuck in the flywheel and only a vigorous
"convincing" to the starter solenoid and case retracts the pinion.
So, thus far it looks like the solenoid, the bendix, or the activator pivot
are the culprit(s).
Any which way, it's got to come out.

Ford solenoid or not, I really don't see the benifit of installing the Ford
solenoid right now.
I know there are two ways to put those in.
The High Current way, and the Low Current way.
Sounds like Tom M, and Allan E have the high current and Hofs has the low
current.
Anyone have a writeup on both designs that is clear cut, because if I do
this I'm going to have to do 5 of them since I absolutely *hate* having
different configurations on each truck that I drive regularly.
I'm all about the homologation.

Thanks
JoelB

For Clarification,
The starter has a high current terminal with a lead from the battery, one
from the starter to the alternator (usually bright/light blue) and one that
feeds interior power to the cab harness.  The starter also has a low
current terminal which is mounted at the 12 oclock position ont he solenoid
case cap and is the starter activator line from the keyswitch.

I commonly run a high current (~10A) momentary switch to allow cranking of
the starter without the keyswitch in the run position.  This allows for
priming of the engine and other fault diagnosis capability.