Re: [ihc] Postal 800 fan and gas tank

----- Original Message -----
From: "Allan Ericson" <lowvolt@domain.elided>
To: "David Bongo" <dbongo@domain.elided>; "IHC Digest"
<ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 9:13 PM
Subject: Re: [ihc] Postal 800 fan and gas tank

Not
> really that tough, but you have to do it right. You don't want air to go
> "around" the fan,  so you have to channel the air flow. The right sized
fan
> mounted to the inside of the fan shroud would be a perfect way to do it.
The
> closer to the radiator you mount it, the better it works.
>
> A stock fan setup with shroud will work if you have it already. Don't
> reinvent the wheel. The IH engine  will run at idle all day when it's 100
> degrees outside if the system is working. I know this because all of mine
> have done so, 4 cylinder and 8 cylinder.

I agree with allan and Greg.  I have used my old 1200 D 4x4 /345 PU out
spraying weeds on farm and range land.  105 derees F. + for up to 2 hours,
then to the next place, and to let it idle was not a problem.  No
overheating, but that was a manual transmission, and a factory SHROUD.  I've
always had more problems with overheating at load and speed than idling.
The same heating and cooling applies with the 1310 4x4 PU with A/C  and
manual trans. We can get into the 110 temps in the summer up here, but
unlike the south it cools at night.  Jim A.