Re: [ihc] Postal Scout purchase

At 10:41 PM 2/12/04, Ryan Moore wrote:

>No one did ever answer me question about the truck.  I've never seen a
>closed knuckle 2wd.  If it's not closed knuckle, then shouldn't it still
>have a decent turning radius?

Yep, a 2WD would have a straight beam axle with king-pins. Open vs. closed
knuckles is only an issue with steerable drive axles.

>Side note: a chevy swap shouldn't net any better milage than your I-6, I'd
>say it'd have been worse.
>
>-Ryan

The right swap for a 258 would be a late model J**p 4 liter I-6, complete
with injection. All but a bolt in, it even has the SAME bell housing bolt
pattern as a 258. Of course, AMC 390/401's ALSO have that same bell pattern
!! :-)

Greg