Re: [ihc] Rear axles parting company

At 9:05 PM 2/12/04, J Grammer wrote:

>Dunno who makes the NAPA bearings. Timken were OEM, and I've not heard of a
>documented Set10 failure in service. Sounds like Greg's L-B units might do
>the trick as well, he tends to have pretty good judgement in such things ;)
>
>Jim

Jim-- Thanks. :-)

I _was_ involved in some design, selection, and testing of anti-friction
bearings, professionally, more years ago than I wanna admit to.

In this case-- the Timkens have a cage. The L-B's do NOT. The cage is the
MAIN reason why a ball or roller bearing needs any lube at all !!

So--draw your own conclusions about one of the L-B's big advantages in this
application, Sherlock  !!

Greg