Re: [ihc] Possible Scout purchase - advice requested

David Bongo wrote:
Cargo Space - it's smaller than a Scout II (John reports about 6 inches
shorter, and a few inches narrower) but larger than a mail jeep.  How
would an 800 compare to a Cherokee?
Well, it's still a 100" WB like the XJ Cherokee (which is 100.5" IIRC), same as a SII.

Power Steering should not a problem.  Additional fuel capacity (I think
it's got a 10 gallon tank right now) shouldn't be an issue, and the
vaccuum wipers can be upgraded to electric.
Should be able to add the second 10gal tank easily enough.

John Comer / GryphinRacing.com offers a nice electric wiper kit for $250, and the glovebox still works fine, and they always work.

The only issue I have with them, is now my wife wants her windshield squirters to work, too.. seems she's never satisfied.. first it was "There's no heat!".. then "My wipers don't work".. now it's "Why don't the squirters work?".. sheesh..

What's it like getting parts for the rear brakes?  My understanding is
If parts availability becomes a problem, convert to rear disc!

-Tom