[ihc] Possible Scout purchase - advice requested

I need some help.

I've long been eyeing the RHD Postal Scout 800 on John Fleck's website,
but since I have the Cherokee AND the Scout II it never really seemed
feasable.  But I've been crunching some numbers and spoke with John
about it yesterday and today on the phone.  (I'm buying a steering box
rebuild from him for the Scout II.)  It might make sense.  It might make
a LOT of sense.  Or it might be a bad idea.

Anyways, my primary concerns with the vehicle are reliability, cargo
space, and ease of repair.

Cargo Space - it's smaller than a Scout II (John reports about 6 inches
shorter, and a few inches narrower) but larger than a mail jeep.  How
would an 800 compare to a Cherokee?

Reliability/repair - it sports a 152 and Borg Warner auto tranny.
Probably an underpowered combo, from what I've heard.  But for mail
delivery I'm thinking should be fine.  I doubt if I'll ever need to get
it up over 45MPH.  What do you guys think?  John reports that the engine
is in great shape and the truck is route ready.

_IF_ I have a problem with that engine or transmission, how difficult is
it to get repairs done?  (In the Scout II I have a 258 with a 727, and I
wanted that combo for this reason.)

I've already asked about making some changes to the truck.  Front Disc
brakes are, IMHO, required for mail delivery.  Better performance,
easier maintainence.  John can do the conversion, but feels that adding
a power booster would be unnecessary at that stage.  What are your
thoughts on that?

Power Steering should not a problem.  Additional fuel capacity (I think
it's got a 10 gallon tank right now) shouldn't be an issue, and the
vaccuum wipers can be upgraded to electric.

What's it like getting parts for the rear brakes?  My understanding is
the 152 is 1/2 of a 304, but are there any exotic parts that are unique
to the 152?  At some point in the future I may run into problems with
the engine.  Would a 196 be a feasible replacement, or am I married to
the 152?

Honestly, the more I think about it, the fewer problems I can find with
this plan.  I'm looking for reasons to NOT do this.  Since I really
can't find any, I feel like I'm missing something.  I'm trusting John
that the vehicle is in great shape.  Any specific questions I should ask
him?  Any feedback on this, any at all, would be greatly appreciated.

Dave