Re: [ihc] multitude of questions

Haven't messed with the 80/800 series a lot so standard disclaimers apply.

----- Original Message -----
From: <johnq4ami@domain.elided>
To: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 12:22
Subject: [ihc] multitude of questions

> Hi guys long time no email.  I recently bought Mattmans 70 800b and have
some
> questions since its not the same as my 64 80.
>

> The oil pan is a double sump type (standard?). The dipstick (in the
Engine,
> not owner) does not have the little cup on it. the one that should seal
> against the tube. When i changed oil I put the six or seven qts per the
manual
> but it did not register on the dipstick. How long is the ds for the 304
motor
> and where does the cup go on the stick (in relation the the wavy section)?
> may not be pushing the stick in far enough.

It's double sump so the axle will clear the oil pan.... standard scout pan.

The cup goes against the beginning of the handle part, the dipstick goes way
in there.  The cup is above the wavy section.   You might want to find
yourself a new dipstick maybe?

> the dash has two knobs with a "W" on it, one next to light switch and one
on
> the other side of the steering column. This second knob does not seem to
> operate anything and only the driver side wiper works when the left switch
is
> on.  Are the wiper operated by seperate switches or is the right switch
for
> the washer fluid bottle?

IIRC the wipers are independently operated.

> also Does anyone have a napa part number for an oil pump for the 196
motor?

I want to say it's the same as the V8s.  Don't know if it uses a scout or
standard truck pump.  Either way you can purchase a rebuild kit.  The scout
V8 oil pumps are supposedly going to be produced new soon but are not
availible yet (so you still need a rebuild kit).

How's that for starters?

-Ryan

---