Re: [ihc] Fwd: Open air filters, what fits?

----- Original Message -----
From: "R.T. Sekhon" <rsekhon1@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 11:49
Subject: [ihc] Fwd: Open air filters, what fits?

> "R.T. Sekhon" <rsekhon1@domain.elided> wrote:Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004
09:47:23 -0800 (PST)
> From: "R.T. Sekhon"
> Subject: Open air filters, what fits?
> To: ihc-digest@domain.elided
>
> Hey everyone, My Scout just turned 25 yrs old, and is no longer subject
> to emission testing. I would like to put on an open type setup up with a
K&N
> or Holley/Accel filter. I've seen a 14" off set base that could be turned
to miss
> the thermostat housing. I have also seen a special base for Quadrojets and
Carters
> something about clearing the accelerator pump linkage.
> I have a 79 Scout II with a 345, Thermoquad and auto. The body bushings
are worn
> so there doesn't look like there is much room above the stock setup. I
need to do a squish test, with foil or plumbers putty to see how much
clearance there is, maybe
> there's more than it looks.
> As always any input is greatly appreciated.
>
> R.T. Sekhon
> Dallas,TX
> 1979 Scout II

Deja Vu?  Could've sworn I've read this same message before...

Seems to me it shouldn't be too difficult to find a setup that fits.  I
think most people do it by trial and error.

I'm one of the weird people who keeps to the closed element style so I can't
help you there though.

-Ryan

---