Re: [ihc] Travelering Greg

At 7:50 AM 2/2/04, Jim Grammer wrote:
>Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 14:44:57 -0700
>From: bearbvd@domain.elided (Greg Hermann)
>Subject: Re: [ihc] Re:  TQ humor, TQ supplier
>
>At 1:15 PM 2/1/04, Colin M Rush wrote:
>
>I made a set of appropriately sized metering rods for a TQ on a 345 in a
>Traveller (for the primaries) and filled the secondary jets with solder and
>redrilled them to the appropriate (smaller) diameter. Said Traveller then
>proceeded to get 10 mpg pulling a 17 foot flatbed (and GCVW of about 13K)
>from Springville, CA to Steamboat Springs, CO.
>
>I _THINK_ this would qualify as 'loaded' !! :-)
>
>Greg
>
>Glad to see I'm not the only one who has grossly overloaded a Traveler! :)
>
>18' car hauler, '54 Travelall, and a spare BG241.
>
>Jim

Think I hadja beat, Jim. the aforementioned 17' flatbed trailer (likely
heavier than a car hauler), with a '73 2x4 Travelall on it, with an HD 44F
(big knuckles version), an RA 15, and an NP 205 loaded into the back of it.
Also four 19.5" wheels and various other 'un light' stuff in the back of
the Traveller !!

Greg