RE: [ihc] Thermoquad on a 392

## >> > Finally have a question for you guys again.  On my 392 with the
## >> > thermoquad, seems like it always run rich and if it sits
## >> for any time,
## >> > I think the float bowl drains into the manifold.  Anyone have
## >> > suggestions on fixing this? Or maybe a good website with thermoquad
## >> > info?
## >>
## >> I don't know what the fix is, but that problem seems almost universal
## >> as the thermoquads get older.

doesn't Dan Nees have a fix for this?  i say ask him.  <wicked grin>

though if his tune-up method is too extreme, i've also heard that the best
cure for these problems with the TQ are replacement with an Edelbrock or a
Holley.  i favour the Holley myself, but an awful lot of folks are having
good experiences with the Edelbrock.  when the TQ in my 800A starts
misbehaving (it doesn't yet, but i am sure that it will), i'm going to put
one of my Holleys on there.  it works pretty well right now, so i don't want
to mess with it.

the usual nickel and grain of salt disclaimer blah blah blah.

--Mac

P.S.:  my lovely Bride got deployed again on January 20th.  not OCONUS this
time, at least not yet.  crossing our fingers that they stay CONUS.  we'll
see.

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi