Re: [ihc] darn gas

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Hofstetter" <hofs@domain.elided>
To: "James Lidberg" <jameslidberg@domain.elided>
Cc: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>; <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2004 13:02
Subject: Re: [ihc] darn gas

> On Thursday, January 29, 2004, at 08:47 PM, James Lidberg wrote:
>
> > MEE TOO!!!
> > Dern NAPA fuel hose is just a few months old. It's all split on the
> > outer jacket. I need to replace it ALL, uncluding
> > pulling the gas tank to inspec it down there!
> >
> > Guess I'll have to try some other place for good parts now.
> >

> > - Jim in Mesa
>
> Hmm, I thought I was the only guy getting crappy fuel hose. Mine
> doesn't last more than a year. And as Dan said, it fails by splitting
> along some kind of seam.

And here I had been thinking it was just me.   NAPA is going to hear it from
me if it happens again, I kept the old hose from before too.

> I used to get marine hose, but the last time I went into a marine parts
> store, their fuel line looked as if it was standard automotive stuff.
>
> I'm waiting for Richard's treatise on making my own stainless braided
> line. In the meantime, I'll probably have to change the fuel line.
>
> John Hofstetter

My rubber hose is generally for joining stuff together.

Now that I might have a source for the plastic line, maybe I can reduce the
amount of rubber in my system.

-Ryan