Re: [ihc] Scout warm up issues...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Stegmann" <steve.stegmann@domain.elided>
To: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>; "ken.dunnington"
<ken.dunnington@domain.elided>; "ihc-digest" <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2004 12:21
Subject: RE: [ihc] Scout warm up issues...

> Ryan,
>
> You can move the choke from open to closed and nothing happens?? That
sounds
> unusual.  Closing the choke on many (not all) engine will kill them with
> extra fuel.
>
> Do you get any black smoke?
>
> Steve

Yeah, it's like it's running really rich.   Yes there is some black smoke
during that period.  No change in anything at all moving the choke though,
in terms of smoke or other.

Carb ice sounds like an interesting possibility to me... would seem to make
sense to me... will need to do some more experimenting to find out.

BTW, the experimenting with the choke IIRC involved turning it off because I
want to say that during this period the engine is not yet warm enough for
the choke to turn itself off.

-Ryan