Re: [ihc] darn gas

On Thursday, January 29, 2004, at 08:47 PM, James Lidberg wrote:

MEE TOO!!!
Dern NAPA fuel hose is just a few months old. It's all split on the outer jacket. I need to replace it ALL, uncluding
pulling the gas tank to inspec it down there!

Guess I'll have to try some other place for good parts now.

- Jim in Mesa
Hmm, I thought I was the only guy getting crappy fuel hose. Mine doesn't last more than a year. And as Dan said, it fails by splitting along some kind of seam.

I used to get marine hose, but the last time I went into a marine parts store, their fuel line looked as if it was standard automotive stuff.

I'm waiting for Richard's treatise on making my own stainless braided line. In the meantime, I'll probably have to change the fuel line.

John Hofstetter