[ihc] NPG thoughts

on 1/22/04 8:10 PM, Colin Gebhart at colin@domain.elided wrote:

> I can't remember the name of the company where John buys his NPG but
> it sounds like its pretty expensive and a little hard to obtain,
> especially in a pinch. And yes, I know I could search the digest
> pretty quick but just being lazy.

Colin,

I bought my NPG+ from Evans, a company with a lot of info on their web site.
Maybe you'll find information there that can help you answer your question.

I have no idea if other PG would work as well and be cheaper. Well, most
anything would be cheaper.

Plus, shipping gallon bottles of liquid from the East Coast is not too cost
effective either. Evans lists retailers of their product, one of whom is in
Southern California and at the time I noticed one in Texas, which caught my
eye because we were headed in that direction. But ...., I ended up just
buying it from the company and having it shipped.

I'll probably never do it, but putting the NPG+ in the Terra and running a 2
lb. pressure cap should certainly reduce cooling system failures. Even my
damned bypass hose probably wouldn't burst in the very worst situations
possible. By the way, I removed the air injection system remains from my
Terra, and I can see and reach that bypass hose a lot easier than before.

John