Re[2]: [ihc] NPG tech papers

So I was reading some of this and thinking to myself...

I can't remember the name of the company where John buys his NPG but
it sounds like its pretty expensive and a little hard to obtain,
especially in a pinch. And yes, I know I could search the digest
pretty quick but just being lazy.

But I wonder if it would be ok to use Sierra or Prestone low-tox at
100% strength as John's vendor suggests with their product? This way
you would hopefully get the benefits of a waterless coolant/low
toxicity/not expensive and it would still be easy to get more if
necessary.

Websites don't seem to say much.
http://www.sierraantifreeze.com/
http://www.prestone.com/products/15.htm

Any thoughts?

JH> on 1/16/04 6:58 PM, James Lidberg at jameslidberg@domain.elided wrote:

>> http://www.lyondell.com/html/products/markets/coolants/technical_information/t
>> echnical_papers.shtml
>> **************

JH> From this particular URL, I looked over the rest of the site in regard to
JH> NPG.

JH> PG got very favorable reviews based on a number of tests.

JH> I had forgotten that one of the reasons I went with the NPG was because it
JH> reduces cavitation damage to the cylinders of the diesel engine.

JH> Guess I'll stick with it in my diesel. Who am I kidding? I can't afford to
JH> dump it anyway, considering how much it cost in the first place. <g>

JH> Thanks, Jim, for directing us to that site.

JH> John

Later,
Colin
mailto:colin@domain.elided
Colin says...

Use a wickedly good email client  |  http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/index.html
For those of strong constitution  |  http://www.debian.org/

Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. -Mark Twain