Re: [ihc] Quick, hide the Scout

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Hofstetter" <hofs@domain.elided>

> The gate was there so that the rancher could access his animals on our
side
> of the fence. The lock was there so that he could show those damn
> Californians who was boss out there on the range.
>
> If some passerby had called the cops, saying that a couple of Jeeps had
just
> trespassed, it might not have meant much; but if that caller had said that
> an old red and white Scout with a half cab on it had just trespassed, the
> cops probably wouldn't have had much trouble finding us.
>
> John

John-

Didn't your map show whether that gate was private property or leased land?
In Arizona, it had better be private property, and there had better be no
right of way there. I'm sure things are different in California, because you
have more government bureaucrats than we have people in the general
population, but BLM, National Forest, and State Trust land is all open to
the public, the latter requiring either a state permit or a valid hunting
license (fishing license okay, too, but it's harder to lie about that when
there's no place to fish).