RE: [ihc] 73 Travelall 1010 cowl cleanout tribulation

From: "John M. Adams" <jma@domain.elided>
Subject: RE: [ihc] 73 Travelall 1010 cowl cleanout tribulation

=snip=

=On my '67, I removed the screws holding the cowl insert to the cowl, and
=using the insert piece for a pattern.......................
=snip=
=Couldn't you do something like that on the later trucks?

No John, fraid not. I wish it were possible.

=Or is that insert piece with the open grid pattern all-of-a-piece with the
cowl?

Yes. All one piece. The only access is through the kick panel vents on
the driver side, same on passenger side. The only exception would be
to remove the heater core box/air intake box on the passenger side
inner/outer firewall. That, along with being a LOT of work, would grant some
access only to the passenger side of the cowl area.

=If so, all I can say is they took a bad design and made it even worse.
=Something in the water back in '68, I guess... -John A.

I cant argue with that, John.

Mike Toney
Mobile, AL.
72 Scout II, 4x4, 304, T18, 3:31