Re: [ihc] got the wrong link!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Masterson" <pmasterson@domain.elided>
To: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2004 7:21 PM
Subject: [ihc] got the wrong link!

> IH everybody,
>   I am a long time lurker, with a small problem. I got a draglink from
> somewhere, and they sent me a rhd version, so the tapered hole in the
middle
> is reversed and i can't use it. I have a procrastination prblem, so I
noticed
> the problem about three years after I bought it.(I tend to keep things in
> stock for awhile) I took it to a few machine shops in my neighborhood, but
no
> one had the correct angle on a bit to reverse the tapered seat, and I dont
> want the thin to fit loose and break off. Does anyone in the Seattle area
have
> any machining abilities, or know any shop that can handle this? ( I went
> most of the shops in Ballard already)

    It is possible to cutt off each end from the center and rotate them 180
degrees and re weld them.  The PROBLEM is, many that are willing to weld it
are not qualified, and the weldor that is qualified usually won't do it
because of possible litigation. It can be debated whether a damaged weld
happened before or after the crash.  If you were to find the reamer to
change the hole taper direction, it would be too large unless it was filled
with weld and machined.  Therefore; a new one seems in order.  Jim A.