Re: [ihc] Shops

on 1/5/04 11:51 AM, Tom Mandera at tsm1@domain.elided wrote:

> I think I might wait and hang the 200k BTU Reznor suspended heater in my
> shop until tomorrow night, when it's supposed to be above 0F.

My propane dealer, many years ago, decided that he didn't like the huge
overhead radiant heater that hung over his in-a-warehouse office. Made me a
deal I couldn't refuse. My shop has 9 foot ceilings, so I cut ceiling joists
out and framed in a 6 foot square. In that square I hung the big parabolic
reflector and burner and did I ever have a warm shop.

Trouble was that every time I walked underneath that sucker, my hair would
start to smoke. I also do a lot of ammo re-loading in that shop and the
thought of my smokeless powder smoking made me uncomfortable.

I gave the heater to a buddy of mine and haven't had a warm winter out there
since.

John

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs