Re: [ihc] Shop Heat

John Hofstetter wrote:

Trouble was that every time I walked underneath that sucker, my hair would
start to smoke. I also do a lot of ammo re-loading in that shop and the
thought of my smokeless powder smoking made me uncomfortable.

I gave the heater to a buddy of mine and haven't had a warm winter out there
since.
So, what you're saying is, you let the magic smoke out of your *head* long ago?

That explains a lot. We all know how well electrical gizmos work after you let the magic smoke out.. that's some good stuff, whatever it is, though breathing it in doesn't seem to make me work any better, but it sure makes the electrical gizmo work.. since once it's escaped, the gizmo doesn't work at all.

I'm hesitant about this heater, but we'll see. I got a great deal from Howard Tucker in Leadville, CO last summer. We've tested it, and the fan works fine, too.. a little bit of work and we'll have gas to it and I have no doubt it'll make some heat.

My concern comes from the 10' (just over 10', luckily) walls in my new garage/shop, coupled with a 3' tall heater hanging from the ceiling, which must be spaced at least 6" down, and almost 3' from the wall.

This all results in a monstrous fire-box that will be less than 6" from the top of my head.. :D

That's the part that bugs me. I might start feeling claustrophobic in the shop.. or end up with the little button in the top of my baseball cap branding the top of my head..

;)

-Tom